Apple iMac 3.4GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7 27 inch Mid 2011 Memory Upgrades.
Apple iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel-Core i7 (27-inch – DDR3) Mid 2011
By industry and end user standards, the fastest performance available on the Mac platform has generally been found on the MacBook Pro product line. However, with the introduction of the Apple iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel-Core i7 (27-inch – DDR3) Mid 2011, Apple created a desktop every bit as fast as its recently released quad core MacBook Pro models released early in 2011.
Apple iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel-Core i7 27-inch was technically considered to be a ‘configure to order’ upgraded version of the standard 27 inch quad core i5 iMac. The iMac 3.4 GHz i7 was powered by a Quad Core 3.4 GHz Intel “Core i7” I7-2600 (Sandy Bridge) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and an 8 MB shared level 3 cache. With a “Direct Media Interface” (DMI) that “connects between the processor and chipset” at 5 GT/s and replaces the system buss.
If only the processor was customized, model is configured with 4 GB of RAM (1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM), a 1 TB (7200 RPM) hard drive, and AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory.
• 27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors Resolution: 2560 by 1440 pixels
• FaceTime HD camera, which supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display as well as support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
• Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
• Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
• Built-in microphone
• Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
• One Thunderbolt port on 21.5-inch iMac
• Two Thunderbolt ports on 27-inch iMac
• Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
• One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
• Four USB 2.0 ports
• SDXC card slot
• Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Audio in/out
• 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
• IR receiver
• Apple wireless keyboard
• Magic mouse
• Magic trackpad
• Wi-Fi** **802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
• Dimensions: Height: 20.4 inches (51.7 cm) Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm) Depth: 8.15 inches (20.7 cm) Weight: 30.5 pounds (13.8 kg)3
- • OS X Lion with iLife
Green Technology designed-in:
• Arsenic-free display glass
• Mercury-free LED-backlit display
• Meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements
• Rated EPEAT Gold6
• Standard RAM as shipped: 4 GB installed RAM (1333 Nhz)
• Maximum Memory Allowed: 16 GB
• Number of memory slots available: 4
Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600 with a maximum of 8GB per slot. Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.
- • Memory Required: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
**[table id=2 /]