Apple iMac 2.7GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 (21.5-inch – DDR3) Mid 2011 Memory Upgrades
The Apple iMac 2.7GHz Intel Quad-core i5 was first introduced in May 2011 and represented a higher end version of its co-release the iMac 2.5 Quad-core i5. The 2.7GHz differed mainly in processing speed, display resolution, and storage capacity on the hard drive.
The Apple iMac 2.7 GHz i5 shipped with a I5-2400S (Sandy Bridge) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 6 MB shared level 3 cache. Instead of a system bus, it boasted a Direct Media Interface (DMI) that connecting between the processor and chipset at 5 GT/s. The i5 quad core was shipped with 4 GB of RAM (1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM), a 1TB (7200 RPM) hard drive, a vertically-mounted slot-loading DVD±R DL “SuperDrive”, and AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of dedicated GDDR5 memory.
The 2.7 i5 iMac was part also featured the unique Apple glass to glass design and the by now standard seamless aluminum enclosure.
Apple iMac 2.7GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 21.5 inch features:
• Hard disk drive 1TB capacity, 7200 RPM speed
• SDXC card slot
• Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps network card
• Digital Optical audio
• Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
• Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
• Built-in microphone
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Two internal 20-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
• Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
• 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
• Firewire 800 port
• Mini DisplayPort
• Thunderbolt connectivity
• 4 USB (rear)
• 1 back Firewire port
• All in one glossy LCD with LED backlight monitor 21.5 inches
2560 by 1440 pixels maximum resolution
• aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard
• choice of either a multi-touch “Magic Mouse” or a multi-touch “Magic Trackpad”
• FaceTime HD camera
• Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
• Dimensions: 17.75 inches (H) x 20.8 inches (W) x 7.42 inches (D)
Weight 20.5 pounds.
The iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Quad-core i5 21.5 inch shipped with Mac OS X Lion which Included Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launch pad, Airdrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and the iLife suite of applications including photo, movie and Garage band.
Apple continued its ongoing commitment to Green technology with its use of arsenic-free display glass, mercury free LED back-lit display, and the aluminum and glass enclosures are fully recyclable. The iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Quad Core i5 meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements and is rated EPEAT Gold.
• Standard RAM as shipped: 4 GB installed RAM
• Maximum Memory Allowed: supports up to 16 GB (Apple recommended) but can support
• 32 GB (using four 8 GB modules) per 3rd party reportage
• Memory Required: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
• Number of memory slots available: 4
Apple iMac 21.5 inch DDR3 Mid 2011 Intel Quad Core Memory Upgrades
[table id=2 /]