Apple iMac 2.5GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 (21.5-inch – DDR3) Mid 2011 Memory Upgrades
The Apple iMac 2.5GHz Intel Quad-core i5 was first introduced May3, 2011 and represented a significant improvement in processor speed and state of the art connectivity.
The Apple iMac 2.5 GHz i5 shipped with a 32 nm, 64-bit Intel Core i5 “Sandy Bridge” processor with quad cores (4 independent processor cores on a single silicon chip, each with one thread). Each core has a dedicated256k level 2 cache and the processor cores share a single 6 MB level 3 cache It also supports Turbo Boost 2.0 (up to 3.3 GHz) — which “automatically boosts the processor speed based on workload” (that is if an application is only using one of the four cores it will automatically increase the speed of the core in use and turn off the unused cores).
The i5 quad core was configured with 4 GB of RAM (1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM), a 500 GB (7200 RPM) hard drive, a vertically-mounted slot-loading DVD±R DL “SuperDrive”, and AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics with 512 MB of dedicated GDDR5 memory.
The Mid-2011 iMac line of which the 2.5 i5 iMac was part also uses the same “edge-to-edge” glass design and “seamless all aluminum enclosure” as the Mid-2010 models that came before them.
Apple iMac 2.5GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 21.5 inch features:
• Hard disk drive 500 GB capacity, 7200 RPM speed
• SDXC card slot
• Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps network card
• Digital Optical audio
• Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
• Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
• Built-in microphone
• Built-in stereo speakers
• Two internal 20-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
• Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
• 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
• Firewire 800 port
• Mini DisplayPort
• Thunderbolt connectivity
• 4 USB (rear)
• 1 back Firewire port
• All in one glossy LCD with LED backlight monitor 21.5 inches
1920 x 1080 maximum resolution
• Max OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard including iLife suite
• aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard
• choice of either a multi-touch “Magic Mouse” or a multi-touch “Magic Trackpad”
• FaceTime HD camera
• Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
• Dimensions: 17.75 inches (H) x 20.8 inches (W) x 7.42 inches (D)
Weight 20.5 pounds.
Apple continued its commitment to Green technology with its use of arsenic-free display glass, mercury free LED back-lit display, and its aluminum and glass enclosures are fully recyclable. The iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Quad Core i5 meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements and is rated EPEAT Gold.
• Standard RAM as shipped: 4 GB installed RAM
• Maximum Memory Allowed: supports up to 16 GB (Apple recommended) but can support
• 32 GB (using four 8 GB modules) per 3rd party reportage
• Memory Required: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 (non-ECC)
• Number of memory slots available 4
Apple iMac 2.5GHz Intel Quad Core i5 Memory Upgrade Prices
[table id=2 /]Like this article? Shop Amazon to support us.